Portslade Community Forum
Who are we?
We are a group of local residents whose aim is to represent the views of local people in order to improve the lives, opportunities and the environment in Portslade.
We want to increase community involvement in local decision making and build upon the great community spirit that already exists here!
What do we do?
• We hold public meetings bi monthly to discuss local issues.
• We work in partnership with Service Providers (e.g BHCC, The Police, Youth Services).
• We are a platform for consultation on issues that affect Portslade and its residents.
• We provide up to date information to residents and local community groups.
• We actively seek funding for local projects and to distribute to local community groups.
What have we achieved? (2010 to 2011)
• We distributed around £3500 of Healthy Neighbourhood funding to Community groups.
• We organised community events including Marafun, Festive Frolic and Get Active, Get Involved Week.
• We held consultation meetings regarding Portslade Community College becoming an academy and the development of Shoreham Harbour.
• We have developed a website that is a central point of information with up to date news about events, activities, community groups and local issues. www.portslade.webeden.co.uk
What can you do?
You could become actively involved in Portslade Community Forum by:
• Joining our organising committee
• Attending meetings
• Getting involved in organising and volunteering for community events
• Providing us with details of your group, project or event so that we can promote them to the wider community.
• Contact Us
• Visit our website – www.portslade.webeden.co.uk
• E mail Robin at PortsladeCF@aol.com for website enquiries or if you have any items you wish to be considered for inclusion on this site
• Contact Lorette Mackie, Community Development Worker on 01273 430176, 07856977088 or e mail email@example.com